RULES & REGULATIONS
Paddles up, let the race begin! Here are a few things to keep in mind as you get ready for race day:
- The Race Rules follow the “Official International Dragon Boat Regulations.”
- There’s a required minimum of 8 (eight) women paddling in each Dragon Boat in each heat.
- The minimum age for paddlers is 14 years old.
- Each team will include 20 paddlers, 1 drummer and 1 steer person (provided).
- Dragon Boats, life jackets and paddles are provided by Great White North.
- Race goes on regardless of rain, postponed during lightening and thunderstorms.
- Team captains must attend a mandatory meeting Sunday at 8:45am in Green’s Park.
- Team waivers will be signed on Saturday at registration.
- Teams can set up a 10×10 tent in Green’s Park and bring food and beverages. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- No alcohol is allowed in Green’s Park.